[mythtv-users] HDHR and Cablecard

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 2 16:56:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 16:27, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> I wonder what the price on the 6 tuner model will be.

<conjecture>

Well, I would expect the "consumer" version to be just
slightly less than double the 3 tuner model until the
demand is reduced (anything else means SD is leaving
money on the table).  So, street price of ~$400 seems
like a good guess.

Note that SD also was going to offer a rack mounted
6-tuner version for home theatres.  My guess is that
that one will be more like $1000 list to pay the 100%
markup for "home theatre qualified" models.

</conjecture>