[mythtv-users] Unknown programs for Ottawa CBC area

Mike mythtv at dtmc.ca
Tue May 3 01:56:48 UTC 2011

On 2 May 2011 21:10, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
> On 11-05-02 09:01 PM, Mike wrote:
>>> ..

>>> I noticed fairly early on (2-3 years ago) that the EIT data frequently
>>> wasn't as current as the SchedulesDirect data -- very much the opposite
>>> of how one might expect things to function.
> ..
>
> An odd thing though, is that YOU noticed the lack of EIT data,
> at about the same time that I noticed lack of schedulesdirect (SD) data.
>
> Weird that.  I wonder if CBC had a bit of a botch-job in passing data
> along to various electronic outlets?
>
>>Its just a bit of an expense for the one channel I watch, out of three
>>available to me.
>
> I get five OTA locals, plus PBS, off the antenna arrays here in Bells Corners,
> plus all of the existing analog stuff that will soon change to DTV.
>
> The monthly cable-fee savings from OTA easily paid for the Mythtv box,
> big-screen television, and SD donation.  :)  But if you're stuck in a
> reception black hole or restricted apartment, well.. I feel for you.
>
> Cheers

I actually wrote to the CBC earlier asking if something was up with
their data.  Maybe that email has fallen into a black hole.

Thanks for the feedback on channels.  I dont see much choice for
digital channels in downtown Ottawa... and according to tvfool I have
picked up the 3 or 4 from Camp Fortune which seems to give the best
quality reception.  The future does look brighter if/when the analog
channels switch over though... patiently waiting.