[mythtv-users] HD-PVR power cycling

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Wed May 4 19:00:58 UTC 2011

On 5/4/11 2:53 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com
> <mailto:redpepperracing at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com
>     <mailto:george.galt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Gavin Hurlbut
>     <gjhurlbu at gmail.com <mailto:gjhurlbu at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Gavin:
>     >
>     > If you are looking for orders, I'll take one.
>
>     Me too please.
>
>     Thanks
>     Tom
>

> Cool.  I'll get a little webpage up for it in a day or two, and
> hopefully send rev 1 of the boards off to China to get made.  I need
> to find a faster (but still cheap) alternative to batchpcb.com...  3
> weeks turnaround can be somewhat annoying.
>
> What caused me to just DO IT...   I got about 10 zero-byte recordings
> during the day yesterday because my HD-PVR once again decided to take
> a vacation.   Grrr.  So, I'm scratching the itch :)

Has anyone made any progress on figuring out what the real reason for
this issue is, in the first place? Is it the device firmware, or the
software on the Linux side? Do Windows users have the same problem?

I think it makes more sense to try to solve the issue than to spend time
on a clever (but still fallible) workaround. The lockup problem is the
sole reason I haven't bought one or two PD-PVRs. If my wife were to miss
Dancing with the Stars due to a zero-length recording, I'd be in deep
kaka :-).