[mythtv-users] HBO Latino, how to manage Spanish language versions of stations

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed May 4 19:23:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 02:45:56PM -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> My parents get HBO and have HBO's various "Latino" stations as well. Seeing
> as how we're Latino, and they speak Spanish fluently, they would like to
> keep the channels in their lineup but not have recording schedules be
> allowed to "hit" those stations unless they specifically ask to record
> something on it.

I had hoped to add a new feature which would allow this, as well as
easier access to other filtering, by now, but it didn't happen and
probably won't now for at least a couple more months.  That is, unless
someone wants to write the UI part since the most time consuming part
for me will be to add a new MythUI screen to the schedule editor.

> The thing is, this would require either setting other HBO
> recordings to a specific station and miss possible repeats on the other HBO
> english stations, or have to manually disable the Latino station hits.

Are you saying you have all of your HBOs set to the same callsign,
e.g.  HBO, HBO2, HBO Espanol, etc. are all set to "HBO"?  If so, that
might work right most of them time, but it can and will lead to
undefined and unexpected results in some cases.  Two or more channels
should only be set to the same callsign if their schedules are
virtually identical.

> I've tried lowering their RecPriority to -1 and have the other HBO's to +1,
> but that doesn't seem to have had any effect.

That was going to be my first suggestion.  Why doesn't it work for
you?

David
--
David Engel