[mythtv-users] "Scan for New Music" stopped working

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat May 7 02:11:12 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 10:01 PM, Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
>> MythMusic is slated for a rewrite anyway, so I figured not worth
>> wasting the
>> developers time with such a minor bug that may be a PITA to actually
>> figure
>> out. Plus, I don't know that many people with music libraries this
>> large (I
>> live with 5 other people, so our combined libraries account for why
>> my
>> system has so many)
>
> I currently have a much smaller music archive (currently less than
> 200 ripped CDs), so I don't think it is size-related. For me,
> playing some music, even for a fraction of a second, seems to
> "initialise" something in MythMusic, and then scan for music works
> correctly every time in that frontend session. Without playing
> first, scan simply does nothing.

yea, as far as I can tell, the current session of mythfrontend running
needs to "load" the music library, once it's done that scanning works.

going into the settings causes this, as does trying to play music.

you'll also notice that in order to "see" any newly scanned music you
have to kill mythfrontend and rerun and reload the music. at least on
my machine...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!