[mythtv-users] Scheduler question

Chris Porter hoodlum7 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 17:04:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Tom Lichti <redpepperracing at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have quite a mix of hardware and lineups, and I'm trying to figure
> out the best way to make the scheduler 'do the right thing', so to
> speak. I have 1 HD-PVR connected to an HD cable set top box, 2
> PVR-x50's connected to my analog cable system, and 2 HDHR's connected
> to an antenna. I have one lineup setup with Schedules Direct that I
> setup so that it covers all of the channels available to all of my
> sources, in MythTV I setup 3 sources, one for analog, one for OTA and
> one for the HD-PVR, and I manually remove the channels for each source
> that don't apply. I have some channels that are available on all
> three, some on just two, and some on a single source. To help the
> scheduler, in mythtv-setup I set the priority for the 4 HDHR tuners to
> +10, for the HD-PVR I set it at +5, and the PVR-x50's are set at 0.
> Ideally, when a show is available on all 3 sources, for it to first
> try and schedule it to the HDHR, then hte HD-PVR, then as a last
> resort the PVR-x50's.The only issue is that the HD channels have the
> name like WGRZ-DT, where the analog ones are just WGRZ, so I setup a
> bunch of power rules to record with channel.callsign LIKE 'WGRZ%',
> which seems to work, but it would be easier if I could just say
> 'record anytime on WGRZ', so would it screw anything up (specifically
> Schedules Direct) if I manually changed the call sign for those
> channels by removing the '-DT' part? Or am I missing something simple?
> Or have I just completely screwed it up?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

As a side note you could be asking for problems by assigning priorities to
your tunners. The recommended way is to create your tuners in the order you
wish them to be used. If you absolutely need to assign priorities to tuners
it is recommended you assign negative values to the least prefered tuners.

Suggested reading:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/419180?search_string=input%20priority;#419180
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/375872?search_string=input%20priority;#375872

--