[mythtv-users] PVR-350 audio quits while recording (Fedora)

Greg Fruth gf20613 at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 05:24:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a Hauppauge PVR-350 that I had been happily using under Fedora 4 through 12.
I use the version of MythTV from ATrpms. The machine and OS are 64-bit.

In mid-April the card started having a problem where it would start recording programs normally but
then after some time (anywhere from 1 minute up to 20 minutes) the audio part of the recording stops.
The audio cutout is sometimes preceded by a burst of scrambled noise, or less often there's a gradual
ramp up of distortion until the audio is unintelligible, followed by the audio cutting out.

I've watched the recordings using gmplayer outside of MythTV and the audio really is missing; it's not
just a playback problem.  I tried reverting as many of the MythTV updates as I could undo via Yum.
This seemed to work for the next program that I recorded but subsequent recordings still have the
problem.

I get the same behavior when watching Live TV. Quitting Live TV and going back into it (without
even quitting MythTV) temporarily fixes the problem.  I get error messages like this on stdout when
the audio goes bad:

2011-05-09 22:16:55.955 Player(0): Waited 100ms for video buffers AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUuuL
2011-05-09 22:17:00.447 AFD Warning: Audio -44 ms behind video but already 180 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.
2011-05-09 22:17:00.450 AFD Warning: Audio 22 ms behind video but already 180 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.

I also cold installed Fedora 14 and installed the newest MythTV from ATrpms in an attempt to fix it. This hasn't helped either.

Anybody have suggestions?