[mythtv-users] HD-PVR power cycling

Alan Anderson andersonas at comcast.net
Wed May 11 01:03:29 UTC 2011

If all you want to do is turn the HD-PVR off when not in use.  Pick up
one of those smart power strips or UPS.  When the system or whatever is
plugged into the master outlet shuts down the smart power strip turns
off the other outlets.  When the device in the master ouitlet powers
back up the other outlets are turned on again.

On my back end when it powers down after a recording the HDhomeruns get
powered off with it.  I am just trying to be a little green.