[mythtv-users] Duplicate check not working.

Rob Smith kormoc at mythtv.org
Wed May 11 05:15:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Pete Ashdown <pashdown at xmission.com> wrote:
> I'm archiving it with a User Job.  Should I just execute a mysql command to
> set `duplicate` to 1 in the User Job?
>
> However, I did UPDATE `oldrecorded` SET `duplicate` = 1 WHERE `title` LIKE
> 'Futurama'; and now it shows duplicate set to 1 for the episode, but it is
> still in the schedule to be recorded.  Why?

You're user job should be deleting the recording when it's done via a
backend command or via the bindings (python, perl, or php).

The recording schedule is stored in memory in the backend process and
so until the scheduler re-runs, it won't know things have changed,
hence why you should be using the backend protocol or bindings to tell
it what's going down.