[mythtv-users] I2C RW failure, with experimental 80e driver...
cmart at dolby.com
Wed May 11 13:14:32 UTC 2011
Hi Devin -
Thanks for the fast response. I entirely believe you on being busy and all.
I will admit it's a case of varying mileage when I try experimental code against an older kernel, on a STB to boot!
I will enable all the I2C options and see if that will fix it.
I don't recall any message of any firmwares loading up with this particular device (nothing called from request_firmware() ) in the USB stack.
I did see one quirky thing where the frontend id was assigned some garbage value. I put a memset statement in the drx39xyj_attach() routine, but
I'm not sure if that's the correct thing to do (because the state->fe field seems to be ptr too).
Actually, I was trying to test ClearQAM reception when I tried it, so that's good to know. However, if you need help getting this up and running,
I could probably help, if you can give me access to chip datasheets and so forth, or give me pointers on how to proceed. I'll code and test, and you can
tell me what to do essentially ;-)
I can be reached at wraith_dart-at-yahoo-dot-com as well.
Mr Heitmueller wrote: <below>
I swear it was working when I put the tree up there almost a year ago
(on 2.6.35 anyway). :-/
Did you install the firmware files? Were there any other errors shown
when the device was attached?
I actually haven't built that driver under Linux for quite some time,
so it's possible that there was some sort of incompatibility with your
I really need to find some cycles to get that tree built against a
current kernel and do some testing to shake out any issues. It's
amazing how these trees can develop some bitrot if not actively
maintained (which is largely a product of my lack of time rather than
a lack of desire).
It's probably also worth nothing that the ATSC was wokring but I
didn't yet get around to the ClearQAM support, so if that was your
intended usage then I can tell you it will *definitely* fail with the
current code. It's one of those things I could probably have working
in about an hour (I know exactly what needs to change), assuming I
could find the time to do it.
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 4001 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20110511/e13556a8/attachment.bin
More information about the mythtv-users