[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu May 12 03:23:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Kevin Ross <kevin at familyross.net> wrote:

> Actually I just increased my log level by adding -v file (to the already
> existing -v playback), and I noticed a long list of "Marked as 'watched'"
> and "Not the ealiest" with all my shows, which happens at the same time as
> those "PREVIEW_SUCCESS" messages, and the dropped frames.  I guess this is
> the auto-expire causing dropped frames that was already mentioned?

Perhaps!  I reported that correlation between short pauses and the
autoexpire event but I don't think it is a mythTV issue at all
anymore.  I think maybe my HDD is performing terribly which is *very*
noticeable when autoexpires occur and cause the short pauses.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/479667#479667  I
won't know for sure until I repartition my HDD, but this won't be
anytime in the next fortnight.

It may be worth you looking into whether you have a similar hardware
performance problem or it could be completely unrelated.

Cheers,
Whytey