[mythtv-users] format_to_mode() does not recognize V4L1

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon May 16 00:58:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Grymoire <mythtv at grymoire.com> wrote:

> New member here. I've been struggling for weeks trying to get MythTV running.
>
> tvtime works. (I haven't tackled the audio yet)
> Mythtv does not.
>
> Motherboard: Asus P7H57D-M EVO
> CPU: Intel Core i3-550
> Graphics: EVGA GT430
> Hardware: Hauppauge pvr-950Q
> OS: Ubuntu 11.04
> Kernel: 2.6.38-8-server
> Video source: Analog cable (US)
>                (with some digital channels) But I'm trying to get just the analog working at this time.
> I'm using the Mythtv software from that distribution.
> 2011-05-01 10:10:52.985 mythbackend version: branches/release-0-23-fixes [24158] www.mythtv.org

Kernel 2.6.38 removed V4L1 support.  MythTV requires it.  Ubuntu is
shipping mythtv packages with an as-yet-unreviewed-by-Myth-devs patch
which is intended to allow compiling with V4L support, but appears to
have a number of issues.  You seem to have run into one of them.  The
log message implies that something has been missed in the Mythbuntu
patch.

The mythbuntu/ubuntu folks may be able to assist in fixing their patch
(and thus, make it more likely for Myth devs to apply it without as
much bikeshedding).

Robert