[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun PRIME

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri May 20 14:46:50 UTC 2011

> I was over on the Silicon Dust forum and apparantly, the TW 'tuning
> adapter' (from Cisco) only support two tuners with one TA. This it ends
> up making one tuner of the 3 in the Prime unusable. So until TW/Cisco
> decides to update their tuning adapters to more current
> technology/firmware that support up to 4 tuners, this may be a problem
> for some TW customers. I have no background in this technology so all I
> am doing is regurgitating what I found on that list.

This is true currently, but the new FCC regulations that go into
effect July 1 require them to update the tuning adapter to support at
least 4 streams. So hopefully this will be resolved by the time the
Prime comes out (not sure what sort of penalties, if any, there might
be to entice them to be in compliance as soon as possible).

--
Ron Frazier