[mythtv-users] Current state of internet radio streams in MythTV

Martin G ebisumartin at gmail.com
Sun May 22 04:12:10 UTC 2011

Robin, Josu,

Thanks for responding.

Rummage round there and you'll find all the bits you need (original
> source, patches etc)

Thanks for that suggestion, but as mentioned, I am never building from
source again. It's just too much of a drain on time and mental resource.

Since there's no reliably working streaming plugin, does anyone have any
alternate suggestions about getting internet streaming with an interface
that is workable with remote control?

I recently switched from the disaster that is Amarok 2 to the
not-perfect-but-quite-reasonable Banshee. If there were a way to utilize
Banshee within or alongside MythTV for this task, that could be good.

But I'm open to all suggestions. Just not ones that require building from
source.

--
Dave M G