[mythtv-users] Just upgraded to latest git and now I get "Protocol version check failure."

Greg Grotsky spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com
Sun May 22 05:24:45 UTC 2011

  I just reverted to v0.25pre-1828-g6d8542f which was the version I was
running before jumping to v0.25pre-2003-gfd5e33a.  I recompiled g6d8542f and
now the "Protocol version check failure" problem is gone.  Something must
have been committed between these versions that caused this behavior on my
machine.  When I first experienced the issue I recompiled the head a second
time because I thought I may have screwed something up but the problem
persisted.  Unfortunately, g6d8542f has a memory leak which is why I tried
updating to begin with... :-(

-Greg