[mythtv-users] Distributing jobs

Dura Zell dura-zell at dynamik.ddns.net
Mon May 23 14:49:46 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm running a combined frontend/backend on a relative old AMD XP2800
(32bit, 2167MHz) with PVR350 Capture Cards. For now this is the only
backend in my network, so its the masterbackend. Unfortunately
transcoding on this machine is somewhat painful: It takes forever.

Ok, I've got another machine running some kind of homeserver (samba,
caching proxy, etc) wich is running 24/7 and faster (AMD 64x2, 2200MHz,
64bit). Is there a way to let this machine do the transcoding jobs while
the master backend is powered down (for power saving reasons and because
the masterbackend standing in the living room is a bit noisy) or has the
master backend to be running until all jobs are completed?

with kind regards

Micha