[mythtv-users] How to put MythVideo storage groups back in?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon May 23 15:15:41 UTC 2011

   So a while back, as I still needed to use external apps. to play some
videos, I disabled the use of video storage groups.  I'd now like to
re-enable them, as I think Myth is successfully playing everything I can
throw at it, and I'd like to see if I can get MythWeb videos working
(“MythWeb now requires use of the Videos Storage Group”).

   My vague recollection is that I just deleted the groups from somewhere in
myth-setup, then added the hard locations to each frontend.

   Do I just have to do the reverse?  Or, at least, follow “Setting Up
Video/Image Storage Groups” at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo#Storage_Groups ?

   What will break if I neglect (forget) to remove the frontend settings?

   And the biggest question, I suppose:  will a rescan afterwards keep all
my metadata (presuming I get the directories correct)?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature