[mythtv-users] Playback problem -- random short pauses

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:16:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> On 23/05/2011 16:42, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> If you want to prevent all the "random short pauses" that occur during
>> playback, simply change your Playback Profile group such that you never
>> use VDPAU decoding.  Use ffmpeg decode with VDPAU rendering, and all
>> works well.  The only pauses you'll see is the at-recording-start/stop
>> pauses (which is a completely separate and unrelated problem).
>
> Confused! I thought it was the at-recording-start/stop pauses we
> were talking about. I don't believe I see any other type of
> pause on my system, and I'm using VDPAU decode, so I guess
> I must be lucky.
>
> Paul.

similar issue, different time. I get the recording start/stop related
issue, and occasionally I get the issue at other times. a quick rewind
will show that the recording is fine it was just playback at fault. On
the system I built for my parents the issue occurs much more often. To
the user the effect is the same.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!