[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon May 23 17:37:42 UTC 2011

On 5/23/2011 13:30, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> My understanding of the HDHR Prime is that when installed with a cable
> card, it will refuse to send CCI 0x02 programs to a MythTV backend
> even if the channel is not encrypted and it could have done so if the
> cable card had been removed and it had been configured as a standard
> HDHR.  This is making me rethink the idea that I don't need to have a
> standard HDHR if I have a Prime.

That is correct.  Even if a show is broadcast unencrypted, if it is not
copy-freely, the tuner will refuse to send it to MythTV.  There have
been issues in the past where exactly this happened.  CableCard users on
Windows MCE were disrupted mid-recording where their provider
accidentally enabled copy protection on a broadcast channel.

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_entertainment_and_connected_home/f/115/p/93511/504120.aspx?PageIndex=1