[mythtv-users] Recent Drive Purchase from Newegg -- (10x WD2002FAEX-0)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu May 26 04:04:05 UTC 2011

I thought I would share with the group since we talk about such large arrays all the time.

For a colleague of mine, I am setting up a RAID for them using the WDC WD2002FAEX-0 drive.

We bought 10 of them from Newegg. They came in a white foam carrier half wrapped in bubble and then placed in a box with a little additional paper wadding **UPSIDE DOWN**.

Not exactly what I would call stellar packing.

2 of 10 drives DOA.
   * 1 spins up -- but never reports to the system.
   * 1 spins up but smart reported 1140 reallocated sectors during raid build -- and was failed out.

I just thought I would share with everyone.

  -Ben