[mythtv-users] Recent Drive Purchase from Newegg -- (10x WD2002FAEX-0)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu May 26 19:35:01 UTC 2011

On 5/26/2011 2:22 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> sweet, another email thread beating the dead horse of XYZ hard drive
> manufacturer has horrible quality control...

Please note I didn't say newegg was horrible. This packing instance was a little suspect though.
Also please note I didn't bash WD. As I followed up in another email, I feel today that drives are a toss-up. It seems that everyone has a different drive maker they're at odds with.

I've had mixed luck with seagate, WD, Hitachi...

I was only supplying my tale for informational purposes. I think it's good we share this stuff.
Some of it help affirm to myself that I'm not so nutz to think it's just me.

No bashing - just the simple facts.

Cheers,

  -Ben