[mythtv-users] Recent Drive Purchase from Newegg -- (10x WD2002FAEX-0)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu May 26 19:46:04 UTC 2011

On 5/26/2011 2:31 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Right. And I wasn't so much saying the packing job was "horrible" -- but it was definitely suspect.

I remember where I worked in 1997, we bought an RS/6000 Laptop (yes, one of the only PowerPC laptops that ran IBM AIX. It was cool!)

That laptop cost so much money that IBM shipped it on a 1/2 palette. Why?

Because if shippers can toss/kick/throw it around, they will. How to prevent? Make it so big, it's just not practical.

:D Receiving that thing was hilarious. I'm 6'4" and could easily get in the box that had the laptop's box in it.

Awesome.

  -Ben