[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Fluf fluffkinuk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 27 23:14:08 UTC 2011

On 27 May 2011 23:49, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>  On 05/27/2011 06:27 PM, Fluf wrote:
>
> Heya,
>
> I've spent about 2 months now tinkering with DVB in various ways...
>
> If you couldn't get Mythtv to run,you just weren't trying hard enough...
> I am off to watch commercial free TV....
>
> Hmm. Ok. Dare you to delete all your channel, transponder, input card and
source data from setup. Then re-set-it up again. (You get to keep the
searches .. hehe, now watch with delight as the channel numbers don't match
up if you set a particular channel?) I get the feeling many people (perhaps
like you) are running a system that was working fine, has been upgraded a
few times and still works fine. Try doing it with 0.24 from scratch? (I also
have a theory that if you're not in the UK and they don't keep shuffling
transponders and amplifier strengths around, it's probably a lot easier as
well).
And you missed the " Even Windows comskip does a better job than
Mythcommflag .. which stunned me!" bit. So I actually have less bits of
adverts than I did with Myth.
Oh and I had a zx80 as well. Still do somewhere. Even modded my zx81 for I/O
processing.
All I'm trying to point out is the current incarnation of Myth is full of
holes and bugs, so right now there are better alternatives.
Sorry if that puts Myth users noses out of joint. But if it saves some one
weeks of swearing at Myth when they think it's the only thing that does the
job, then all good by me! If it wakes up a few Myth users and gets them
nagging the bug reports a bit more. All good as well.