[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat May 28 07:47:24 UTC 2011

Back to the OP's beef, setup of channels, specifically on dvb (and
specifically without schedules direct assistance).

Since around 0.23 I have seen many beefs about scanning simply not
working, and the complaints continue to this day. So lets hear which
developers, or others who say everything is fine, have in fact set up
a new DVB system from scratch on 0.24, without importing some previous
database settings for their tuner setup.

I haven't, my channel setup survives from either 0.20 or 0.21. In view
of the number of messages I have seen about this I would hate to lose
my database and start again, I just don't have confidence in myth's
channel scanning, based on the messages I have seen here and on
mythbuntu forums.

In a similar vein, how many devs or git master users actually
regression test by setting up a system from scratch? There is a
difference between updating a live system with working tuners on the
one hand and setting up a system from bare metal on the other.

Don't get me wrong, I love my myth system, I value this community, I
pay daily homage to the devs and I wish I had the time to put in some
serious coding or doco writing. I just thought I should point out my
observations on setup.

Cheers, N