Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat May 28 19:16:09 UTC 2011

On 05/28/2011 03:06 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-05-27 10:30 PM, Gary wrote:
> ..
>> Thank you for the reply, Robert. Unfortunately I am completly clueless
>> when it comes to "git" and how to use it.   I've spent the last 3 hours
>> trying to discover how to get the "newest .24-fixes" from git.
> No "git" required:
>
> wget --no-check-certificate -O mythtv.tar.gz
> "https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tarball/fixes/0.24"
> wget --no-check-certificate -O myththemes.tar.gz
> ""https://github.com/MythTV/myththemes/tarball/fixes/0.24"
> wget --no-check-certificate -O mythweb.tar.gz
> "https://github.com/MythTV/mythweb/tarball/fixes/0.24"

Though, really, you should be using the Theme Chooser (mythfrontend,
Utilities/Setup|Setup|Theme Chooser, IIRC) to download themes, and don't
need to download myththemes tarballs or repo.  You get a lot more
selections that way, and can download and update (only the theme you
actually use) whenever you want, and without root permission/modifying
the system directories.

Mike