[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and 0 byte recordings

Chris Kapp chris.kapp at gmail.com
Sat May 28 22:34:01 UTC 2011

Hello,
Like many people on the list, I am plagued by the 0 byte recordings.
I have tried many different things, including changing mother boards,
power supply, removal of my pvr-150.  Usually the HD-PVR fails within
a week, if I don't turn it off and then back on every week .  A little
over 2 months ago, I changed the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX to equal "acpi=off
noapic".  I'm not sure if the acpi=off is needed, as I have seen some
Ubuntu sources say its not valid.  Anyway, for over 2 months I did not
miss one single recording.  Just to confirm things, last weekend I
removed those settings, and within a week the problem is back.

Has anybody else tried this?  If this is indeed related to the noapic,
is there a better solution I can do this that doesn't completely
disable it?

If it makes any difference, the motherboard is an ASUS  m2n-e with a
AMD Athlon II 5200.

Thank you.
Chris Kapp.