[mythtv-users] Mything thomething

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sun May 29 13:57:42 UTC 2011

On 11-05-28 05:00 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca
> <mailto:mythtv at rtr.ca>> wrote:
>
>     I have the opposite problem.
>     Mythtv software playback crashes on so many videos I have here now,
>     that I *have* to force it to use hardware-only playback,
>     and and I have to use VLC for the videos that crash VDPAU.
>
> Exactly how many bug reports have you put in about this?  If people don't report
> bugs, they run the risk that the bug will never get fixed.  You may be the only
> person to see the problem.

Given the enormous backlog of existing bug reports,
I don't see how adding to that would help anything.
Besides, the same bug is probably already in there somewhere.

>     I'd love to just upgrade ffmpeg to fix those bugs.
>
> If you find out a build of ffmpeg that has fixed a bug you have yet to report to
> us, by all means let us know.  We do sync in ffmpeg about every 6 months or so.

All I know is that mplayer, xine, and vlc all play the same videos
that crash when attempted in software playback in mythfrontend.
I assume this is not a bug in mythtv, but rather just an outdated ffmpeg
(0.24-fixes).

Cheers