[mythtv-users] State of mytharchive in .24-fixes

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue May 31 10:45:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011, Ian Evans wrote:

> Was trying to make a DVD of some finales my mother missed while she
> was on holiday and took my first steps trying to use Mytharchive.
>
> After hours of ffmpeg processing, the task keeps failing during the
> dvdauthor phase with the "cannot jump to chapter" error. From Googling
> I seem to see that there's no definitive answer to this or maybe I'm
> just tired.
>
> Just wondering what state Mytharchive is in in the .24-fixes branch.
> Are there other tricks, tips, etc I should be trying? Changes to
> mythburn.py, etc?

1) Are you using Project-X as your demuxer/cutter? It's far superior to
mythtranscode.

2) Do the problematic recordings have "pre-roll"? Does this pre-roll include
time when the channel isn't fully broadcasting? If so, I've encountered this
and logged it as <http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5943>.

3) The changes proposed in <http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9389> might
also be useful, depending on the precise version you're using.

> I'm curious if I'm currently fighting a battle that everyone is
> losing. Is there a fix or a rewrite coming down the pike? Should I
> tell my mother to cool her heels? :-)

Failing that, there's nothing to stop you using something like kdenlive to
create DVDs of MythTV recordings interatively.

> Thanks!

HTH,
Alex