[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 'master', lost IPV4 connectivity

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue May 31 17:21:44 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Just upgraded to the latest 'master' build, or more specifically:

2011-05-31 18:06:35.643 mythbackend version: master
[v0.25pre-2076-g4d772e0] www.mythtv.org

And upon reboot the frontend couldn't connect to the backend.

A quick prod around with netstat showed the backend was listening on
an IP6 address, but not an IP4 address, disabling ipv6 on the next
reboot seems to have solved the issue.

Is this intentional? (and if so, what do I need to reconfigure to make
it all work proper like.), or if not, should I file a bug report?

Cheers,

Ian