[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 'master', lost IPV4 connectivity

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:56:14 UTC 2011

On 31 May 2011 19:06, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 5/31/2011 13:21, Ian Clark wrote:
>> A quick prod around with netstat showed the backend was listening on
>> an IP6 address, but not an IP4 address, disabling ipv6 on the next
>> reboot seems to have solved the issue.ers
>
> What OS are you using?  On Linux, it should work fine.  On BSD, and
> possibly OSX, the presence of an IPv6 address will cause the backend to
> only listen for connections using IPv6.  This is a known issue.

linux, specifically 32bit debian 6ish.

(I started with debian 5, then got to the point where everything was
too old to build myth, so added the volatile sources to apt and dist
upgraded. This was sometime pre debian 6, and as it was 'fun' getting
everything working again I've not upgraded since. ;) )

ian at pvr:~$ uname -a
Linux pvr 2.6.31.13 #1 SMP Fri Jun 18 18:46:59 BST 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
ian at pvr:~$

Cheers,

ian