[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

blind_Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 06:31:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-10-31 12:39 PM, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:
> >
> > Which is exactly what I do for shows that air on Saturdays/Sundays when the likelihood of a preceding Sports event is high.  In other words, the big complaint here seems to be predictability, but it's entirely predictable (the complainers have repeated the practicability of it over and over again in this thread).  Sports events air on the weekend, therefore the chances of your weekend shows being bumped are good, so deal with it accordingly.
>
> I guess we just have different levels of acceptability for "dealing with
> it".  I find it entirely unacceptable to have to watch a portion of a
> single show across two (i.e. back to back) recordings (for a number of
> shows) along with having to hunt down the lineup so that I can actually
> do that.

You have several options;

Use HARD lead outs rather than soft lead outs.  Then you will get
your 6:00->6:30 recording being (say) an hour long and your
6:30->7:00 recording being an hour long, with half an hour of
overlap.  You might need more disk space and tuners.

You can probably watch recordings in order of oldest to newest
fairly easily.  Sometimes you will want to skip a recording
if you have multiple tuners and interleaved recordings.

Edit things together, but I think that that would be more trouble
than it is worth.

--
sig goes here...
blind Pete