[mythtv-users] epgdata.com and map channels (sid/nid/tid) to xmltvid

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Nov 1 20:21:51 UTC 2011

Zitat von Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de>:

> hello,
>
> i want to switch from EIT-EPG data to the commercial service from
> epgdata.com (xmltv-grabber tv_grab_eu_epgdata).
> But to use a xmltv-grabber i need to add the korrekt xmltvids to all my
> channels.
> I've found some old discussion regarding a automatic conversion from the
> serviceid+networkid+transportid to the corresponding xmltvid
> (@rfc2838id).
>
> I've found a sample xml
> (http://www.bucksch.org/1/projects/various/xmltv/lineup.de.xml) and a
> proposal from Ben Bucksch
> http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/LineupProposal2.
>
> Are there any progress on this topic?
> Or more complete xml files in the above format? (then i can use my xslt
> script to transform the sample xml to update-sql-statements.)

I never heard of that project before, so I guess this wiki page is the
ultimate authority. And if there isn't any progress mentioned, there
probably isn't any.
And to make this work you would obviously need multiplex information
for any cable or satellite provider covered by eu_epgdata. Sounds like
a major effort.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/