[mythtv-users] epgdata.com and map channels (sid/nid/tid) to xmltvid

Markus Schulz msc at antzsystem.de
Wed Nov 2 13:05:15 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, 1. November 2011 schrieb Nick Morrott:
> On 1 November 2011 13:41, Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de> wrote:
> > Are there any progress on this topic?
> > Or more complete xml files in the above format? (then i can use my
> > xslt script to transform the sample xml to update-sql-statements.)

> Note that each grabber author (or contributor) will need to maintain
> mappings of nid/tid/sid -> xmltvid for all channels available through
> their grabber which in itself may be no small task, especially if
> nids/tids/sids vary across the country served by the grabber (as they
> do for DVB-T in the UK).

i don't think that it was possible/useful to put the mapping stuff into
the grabber code.
The grabber don't see any serviceid/networkid/transportid stuff on
execution and should be independent usable from knowledge to each cable-
network/satellite/...

I think Ben Bucksch proposal really good to put these xml files at a
central place (like supplement.xmltv.org) where it can be used for any
project (mythtv channel scanner can fetch the xmltvids from there).

There we can have one xml for each satellite/cable-network like:
- astra19.2°.xml
- hotbird13°.xml
- KDG.xml
- KabelBW.xml

i would like to hear from you, if you pick up the project again. Perhaps
i can help in any way.

regards,
msc

P.S.
are there any astra19.2° user here with correct xmltvids and would
execute the following sql-command and send me the output?

select c.xmltvid, c.name, c.callsign, c.serviceid, d.networkid,
d.transportid from channel c join dtv_multiplex d on c.mplexid =
d.mplexid WHERE NOT xmltvid IS NULL AND xmltvid <> ''