[mythtv-users] Anyone using a Hauppauge WinTV Duet USB Stick?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:05:22 UTC 2011

On 12 August 2011 12:20, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Don't know about the Duet but I use two of the WinTV-Nova-TD dual tuner
> USB
> > sticks no problem
>
> Thanks.
>
> I think the Duet is a newer model as it is quite reasonably priced for
> a dual tuner.  It has been available about 3 months I think.
>
> I can't find it mentioned on any compatibility lists so if anyone
> knows compatibility for the Duet or whether it is just a rebranded
> Nova Dual that would be great.

did you bit the bullet with this, and get one? with some recent changes of
my mythtv setup, i can no longer use my PCI HVR1100 card, so i'm looking
for a usb option. as you say, the WinTV-Duet is a bargain for a dual tuner
device (£40 in the UK)

the WinTV-Duet *HD* version seems to be a revamp of the Nova-HD according
to google, but no mention on the none HD variant.

if you havent gone ahead and bought one, i wonder if the hauppauge
forums/email support will be helpful?