[mythtv-users] Multiple Lineups / Live TV Channel Change

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Nov 3 17:11:42 UTC 2011

On Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:50 PM, "Eric Sharkey"
<eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> For you, I don't doubt that it can be done in 30 seconds, but I wish
> you would understand that 2 minutes is not enough time for the average
> mythtv administrator.  There's potentially a lot of stuff to remember
> that is destroyed by "Delete all capture cards" that needs to be set
> up again.  Was the firewire tuner using broadcast or point to point
> the last time I set it up?  What data rate?  What was the exact path
> to the channel change script used for ir blasting for the PVR150?
> It's using the composite input, right?  Or was that S-video?  Is the
> PVR150 using the same set top box as firewire?  I better remember to
> put them in the same input group again.  Where was the control for
> that, again?  Etc., etc.. It really can be a lot trickier than you
> make it out to be for those of us that do it rarely.

For me, it takes two minutes, but I only have three tuners, and I am
OTA, so there isn't much to configure.  For you, TAKE A SCREENSHOT AND
PRINT!  People forget that they can do that pretty easily, and then you
just have to fill in the form as you add.  Putting them in input
priority is important (for me, I put my recorders first, and the last
input is the Live TV input, then I check off those setting to allow live
tv to be shifted and that other option set on the frontend).

The long part for me is channel scanning, and I do it for each input
(don't know if it is necessary or not, but I figure I should). Takes
about 5-8 minutes per input.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com