[mythtv-users] reco for motherboard
goofdad at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:26:12 UTC 2011
So ... the motherboard in my backend is, after many years of dedicated
I'm looking to upgrade, and I'm looking for recommendation for a new
motherboard. No matter what choice I make, I'm confident I'll have to
replace my chip/memory, so that's not an issue.
What I'm looking for:
- A handful of pci slots for old Hauppauge cards to support simple SD
digital converter boxes.
- Firewire to control the HD boxes.
- As many sata ports as possible (current MoBo has 4, which are all
full of 2TB drives).
- eSata to support external disks (currently through a thermaltake
BlackX, not immediately necessary). If nonexistent, I can buy a
- onboard video. Not too worried about which card, as x support is
not necessary (will run setup remotely). If not, I can dig up an old
I'm ambivalent over AMD vs Intel ... but AMD motherboards seem to run
about $50 cheaper across the board, and equivalent chips seem to be
cheaper for AMD as well. Since game performance is not a factor, I'm
leaning towards AMD just for the price difference.
I'm currently looking at the GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H, but thought I'd
ask here if anyone had any other likes/dislikes.
Thanks in advance!
More information about the mythtv-users