[mythtv-users] Can you delete a cut list without watching the recording?

Science Technician SCITECH2 at combebank.kent.sch.uk
Fri Nov 4 12:09:32 UTC 2011

Raymond Wagner

> On 11/2/2011 12:09, Science Technician wrote:
> > Raymond Wagner wrote:
> >> mythcommflag --chanid<...>  --starttime<...>  --clearcutlist
> >   Ok, apologies for being very dim but I have had a look around and
> > searched the manual (obviously not very well) and can't find where I
> > should be entering the above command to achieve what I want.
>
> The terminal.

Ok still struggling with this as I can't get the terminal to respond to
any of the myth commands I try. In case it is important and because I
should I have mentioned this in the first post I am using MythDora
and bringing the terminal up from within that.

I can get a response from mythbackend but that is all.

I really must try and spend more time getting to grips with the linux
command line basics as I am sure this is where my problem is coming from.

I am also thinking for the future if it is possible to adapt the above
command to allow it to be used as one of the predefined user jobs?

So if I make the same stupid mistake a year from now I will be able to
just run the job.

Cheers,

John.

--

         .
        / \            _________________________________ Combe Bank School
|     \_\|/_/     |  |   scitech at combebank.kent.sch.uk   |            Kent
 /  |     |__)   \                                      Tel:  01959 562918
/___.   | |  ) ___\                                     Fax:  01959 561997
    \'-'  --' /                     email: enquiries at combebank.kent.sch.uk
     '.     .'
       '-.-'

Registered Charity No. 1007871  Company Registered No. 1067557

***This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager and delete it.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Combe Bank School.  Finally the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Combe Bank School accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.  This email has been scanned for viruses by Sophos PureMessage.***