[mythtv-users] Upgraded the Ubuntu 11.10 and not Myth can't connect to MySQL

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Nov 6 00:41:22 UTC 2011

On 06/11/2011, at 5:24 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

[snip - lots of useful info]

> I've not been following this closely either, but it does look like mysql is
> dying so those logs will be important.
>
> On a different note, why did you upgrade to Mythbuntu 11.10? I'm genuinely
> interested in knowing. Was there something you were hoping it would fix?
> Were you trying to get a newer build of MythTV? Something else?

It's their bludy-marketing. My father-in-law was taken too. Every time you boot you get pounded with the 'A newer version bla bla is available' Upgrade now [ ] Yes (default) or [ ] Ignore, not at this time, whatever'

Suggestion: I would re-install a previous version that did work
I'll install an 11.10 and post anything useful I find.

James