[mythtv-users] Gray Hauppauge Remote Info

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Nov 8 04:31:46 UTC 2011

On 11-11-07 06:29 PM, Michael Papet wrote:
..
> I ordered something called a "USB Infrared Toy v2" which promises to process signals in the right format. About USD$20 with shipping.  Not much risk at that price.
>
> I also ordered the complete HP MCE remote kit as a back up.
>

>> Another option is to just stuff a PVR-250 card into the
>> frontend,
>> and use it just for the RC interface.  I've got a
>> leftover if you need one.
> Thanks for the offer! I wanted to do that, but I'm using an older case that only accepts low-profile cards with just a PCI slot (not PCI-E) available.  A couple of other problems with the rather old board/case combo not worth getting into.  Bottom line, I don't want to mess with it too much.

That's cool.  Sounds like things are under control there.

One option for low-profile PCI, is the PCTV-800i card (Pinnacle/Hauppauge).
It's an excellent DTV tuner, and has a fantastic onboard IR receiver
(with corded receptor) that works (or can be made to work) with the
small grey Hauppauge remote control, and probably with any other remote control.

Cheers