[mythtv-users] alternate profile for Videos that won't play using VDPAU

Glen glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com
Tue Nov 8 04:44:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I have an NVidia Ion2 frontend in my lounge and some of my downloaded
videos don't play properly when using VDPAU. They go all blocky.

So far I have tried switching to the "Slim" profile (not the "VDPAU
Slim") and it plays perfectly.

I know you used to be able to have a selectable alternate video player
(VLC, MPlayer, etc.) but is there a way to select an alternate profile
for videos that don't play correctly? Other than manually going into the
playback settings, of course.

Cheers,
Glen