[mythtv-users] alternate profile for Videos that won't play using VDPAU

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Tue Nov 8 07:18:19 UTC 2011

Den 08/11/2011 07.03 skrev "Nick Rout" <nick.rout at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Glen <glen.hawksworth at bigpond.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 17:54 +1300, Nick Rout wrote:

> >> leftfield< are the downloaded videos all a particular resolution that
> >> none of the OK videos are? If so set up a profile where all videos of
> >> that resolution go to a non vdpau playback method?
> >
> > I had thought of that and I haven't checked the resolution yet.
> > I had hoped that there would be a way to just play individual videos
> > using a different profile rather than forcing all videos of the same
> > resolution to use a lesser profile.
> > However, it's not like they are a high def resolution so it probably
> > doesn't matter.
>
> Only way i can really think of is to set up a custom script that
>
> 1. runs a mysql command line to change the playback settings
> 2. runs the video via mythavtest %s
> 3. runs a mysql script to change the playback settings back to your
default.

...or if this is a real bug, how about creating a bugreport and potentially
get it fixed in the internal player, rather than ignoring the problem and
implement some ugly workaround which doesn't benefit anyone but yourself?

Of course, if these "downloaded videos" are illegal downloads, you're on
your own. If not, create a small sample of the video, upload it somewhere
and link it from the ticket.

Best regards
Kenni