[mythtv-users] Upgraded the Ubuntu 11.10 and not Myth, can't connect to MySQL

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 20:08:56 UTC 2011

On 11/08/2011 07:46 AM, Damian wrote:

Hi;

OK, good news. I've duplicated your problem with the
same error messages and no response after sudo start
mysql.

Go to /etc/apparmor.d and look at the file:

  usr.sbin.mysqld

I suspect you'll see lines like:

   /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid w,
   /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock w,

On my 11.10 system, they look like:

   /{,var/}run/mysqld/mysqld.pid w,
   /{,var/}run/mysqld/mysqld.sock w,

Because now /run exists along with /var/run.

You may also see the same file name with .dpkg
at the end of it (or something like it.)

I'm /guessing/ that when you upgraded, you were
asked if you wanted to install the new file and
you answered no.

--
Bill