[mythtv-users] Arch Linux Packaging

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:49:56 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Am shortly going to move my systems over to Arch Linux as I like it a
lot but before I do i want to get one issue sorted.

Currently I've hacked together a pkgbuild script that i grabbed from
elsewhere, this already grabs the git source and compiles but it
doesn't work the way am wanting it to.

If I run the makepkg etc it compiles mythtv but then fails to build
the plugins because it says myths not installed and can't find the
python bindings, maybe I just need to install it but am wondering if
there is a better way that someone has written one that will compile
myth and plugins at the same time, I then want this in a repo location
so that the frontend clients can check for newer and install it etc.

So the basic is, do I need to write a bash script to build myth
install and then build the plugins or is there a nicer way? As I see
this route creating multiples of the source code which i dont want...

cheers,