[mythtv-users] AF9015 Dual tuner i2c write failures

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:45:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:12 AM, Thomas Boehm
<mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> That's what I meant above. Shut down your PC completely. If your USB
> ports are still powered after a shutdown, look in your BIOS to power
> them down.

In the past with my tuners based on these chips, I had to really power
off the server.  I would shutdown the OS, remove power from the PSU,
try to turn on the PC (the fans would turn momentarily), scratch my
head for 30seconds, just to be sure there is no power in the system,
replace power lead and boot up.

This forces the tuner chip to boot from 'cold, which will include a
reload of the firmware.  If it is doing a 'warm' boot, it already has
the firmware and doesn't reload it.

You should see messages in dmesg which relate to 'dvb' or 'DVB' and
indicate whether it is a warm or cold boot.

Cheers,
Whytey