[mythtv-users] Video is X frames ahead of audio, doubling video frame interval to slow down

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 11 08:28:01 UTC 2011

> Doesn't Myth suspend Pulse if you choose ALSA:Default?

Not for Default no but it does for all the other Alsa options. This
doesn't help though, pulse is suspended and the problem still happens.

I've always used mplayer to play recordings but it's choking on these
same files (svn mplayer from source), starts framedropping at certain
points and doesn't stop. I'm trying mythfrontend now in an attempt to
get problem free playback, oddly, it's doing the exact opposite of
mplayer and the video is getting AHEAD of the audio!

Ironically, the Ubuntu stock version of mplayer plays these files
perfectly but crashes occasionally.

So this problem of the audio getting behind;

1. Happens without pulseaudio
2. Selecting a different soundcard doesn't help
3. 5.1 audio tracks cause it more
4. It's at set points in the video but may or may not happen each time
I play the same video

Which log file do I need to provide/anything else helpful?

I'm not convinced these files aren't broken. I may try swapping out
the firmware file for a different version on my tuner card
(NOVA-HD-S2).

Thanks