[mythtv-users] Schedule a reboot of Mythbackend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 12 17:16:16 UTC 2011

On 11/12/2011 10:00 AM, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> Is there a simple way to 'schedule' a safe reboot of mythbackend? I
> read about mythwelcome, which I am not running, but It really does
> more than I want / need.  My backend runs all the time, and from time
> to time I will have an update that requires a restart.  Finding a time
> when the backend is not recording, transcoding, or commercial flagging
> is difficult, and lately seemingly impossible.

You can use mythshutdown in a script.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythshutdown is the best documentation I know
of--but is severely lacking, so feel free to add to it when you figure
it out.  ;)  Also, feel free to upload your, "reboot when safe," script
to the wiki and place it in the category
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Scripts .

Mike