[mythtv-users] Mythweb timezone question

Andrey Zhunev a-j at a-j.ru
Sat Nov 12 19:58:30 UTC 2011

> I don't see a simple way to update the php itself, as I'm still
> running a very old Fedora 13 (there's no newer packages available in
> the repositories). But I'll take a closer look at PECL and will try
> to update the timezone database from there. Hope it'll work, otherwise
> I'd better take a risk to upgrade my Fedora to a newer release. :)

Wooohoo! Just a short note in case someone gets into a similar
situation and will find this thread:

In order to use "pecl", I had to install PEAR and php-devel packages.
On Fedora 13 it's just a:

yum install php-pear php-devel

Then I ran a command:

pecl install timezonedb

It downloaded and installed the latest version of timezonedb for me.
I just had to edit /etc/php.ini to add a line:

extension=timezonedb.so

to "Dynamic Extensions" section (this seem to be important!).
And I also put a proper timezone (it's Moscow in my case):

date.timezone = Europe/Moscow

After restarting Apache, I get proper time in MythWeb again!

Mike, thanks a lot for your support!!!

--
Best regards,
 Andrey