[mythtv-users] finish current job and shutdown?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Sun Nov 13 19:07:47 UTC 2011

Hi list,

is there a way to let my backend shutdown after the currently running
(user)job finishes?

I setup mythwelcome on my backend to shutdown when there are no
recordings and when no frontend is connected and to wake up when there
is a recording about to start.

Now I want the backend not to wait until all jobs have finished. I'd
rather have it finish the currently running job and shutdown and
continue the job queue the next time it wakes up.

Did anybody find a way to do this? If I could add a userscript to the
job queue from the command line I could maybe build a script to read the
user jobs from a file and add them one by one to the job queue with a
delay greater than the idle time...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Thomas