[mythtv-users] mythweb - video is not found

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 14 16:12:25 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 07:01 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
> On 14 November 2011 11:47, Tim Draper wrote:
>> i've changed my storage groups from the default ones, to other locations.
>> however in mythweb, when i click on a video, it comes up saying the
>> path cannot be found, which it referencing the default
>> /var/lib/mythtv/... location (iirc).
>>
>> since i've changed the storage groups, should i really need to
>> reconfigure the symbolic link that mythweb is looking at?
>>
>> if thats not enough info and we need specific paths, then i'll get
>> some more tonight, or sooner if i can get into my router to reconfig
>> the firewall which has banned me for too many password attempts!
>>
>> the BE version is 0.24.1, updated around 2 weeks ago.
>>
> got the mythweb error:
> The requested URL /mythweb/data/video/Movies/Death Race 2/Death Race
> 2.mkv was not found on this server.
>
> the /mythweb/data/video/ location is a symbolic link to
> /var/lib/mythtv/videos/, which is not used the 'Videos' SG has been
> moved to another physical drive, and thus different mount points.
>
> actually playing the video via mythfrontend is fine, it's just via mythweb.

Assuming /mythweb is the mythweb installation:

sudo rm /mythweb/data/video

(and any other broken links/data in there so it can fix the old/broken
config).  The default "out-of-the-box" configuration only has empty
cache and tv_icons directories--primarily so that packagers will
configure those directories with proper ownership.

Mike