[mythtv-users] UK recording Freeview HD while watching an SD program

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Tue Nov 15 10:56:46 UTC 2011

If I am watching an SD recording and recording an HD show at the same time
when I come to watch the HD recording the video is corrupt (lots of
artifacts and frames bleeding into each other) until after the point I
finished watching the SD recording.

I was wondering if it was either the hard drive not being able to cope with
the read/writes needed for an HD recording and an SD playback (SD recording
while watching either HD or SD recording is fine) or if it is the file
system I am using?

My system is an ASUS AT3N7A-I (Atom 330 dual-core with NVidia ION), 4GB RAM
(512MB used for video),  a Seagate 500GB MomentusXT Hybrid (Data Transfer:
300MBps / Spindle: 7200 rpm / Buffer Size: 32MB), I am running the system
and recordings on the same drive but two partitions both formatted to ext4
and I am using a minimal install of Ubuntu 11.10, and the HD / SD recordings
are coming through a PCTV nanoStick T2 290e.

Any help appreciated,

Paul